Sunday, August 4, 2013

AR: EXO's XOXO Kiss&Hug


Hello folks! I've just received EXO's new album XOXO Kiss&Hug versions today. I know I'm a tad late because they had already just came back once again in less than a month with their new repackaged album, Growl. But hey, I love them so I'm still getting their albums regardless of whether if it's late or not! However, I doubt I'm getting Growl anytime soon since I'm broke now but no worries, I'll get them eventually and hopefully review them too.

For those who don't know anything about EXO, they are a group of 12 Korean boy band. They debuted in April 2012 and are gaining huge popularity wholewide. What can I say? SM seriously knows how to promote their artistes. Despite how much I dislike how unfairly SM treats them. -hmm- well, so, EXO is made out of EXO-K and EXO-M, with K promoting in Korea and M promoting in China. They recently made an album together as EXO and boy, I really love this EXO together thing because they looked best as 12. EXO-K members, Kai, Sehun, Suho, D.O., Chnayeol and Baekhyun. EXO-M members, Luhan, Chen, Kris, Tao, Xiumin and Lay.

Just a slight note, all pictures are taken from my trusty Samsung Galaxy S3 camera so it isn't DSLR quality lovelies.

Kiss & Hug

I really love their new concept. It's fresh, and ideal for these boys because they are still in their late teens and early twenties, hence there isn't any need to worry about them being awkward in school uniforms and posing like school students. But hey, I believe that SM artistes can literally pull anything off. Anyway, back to topic, the albums are made of cardboard-like paper, kind of like a year book style thing. I like it because I think that EXO pulled it off pretty well and that these flower boys are out to impress, with both their strong vocals, cool choreography and of course, superb looks. I doubt that anyone can deny that all of them are pretty handsome, especially my bias, Chen. Sorry, I just had to mention my dear Jongdae. I'm a 100% fan girl for his high notes and stunning jawline. So well, as you can see from above, the above are pretty simple looking on the outside but I promise you, it's a whole different world on the inside.

Oh yeah, Kiss version is in Korean while Hug version is in Mandarin for those who are confused about why I bought both albums.

This is the middle of the book and it is home to this beautiful CD and a group photo of EXO. 

Close up shot of the CD

It's really pretty isn't it? The doodles and handwritten words and the myriads of colours all over the CD. It just looked like how a young kid would have decorated a blank A4 sized paper. Really impressed and love love love it.


These are some snippets from the album itself.

I must emphasize that people who are EXO stans, this is a must have album. Beautiful concept, creative and extremely stunning. EXO have even written down the song lyrics to ALL their songs in the album. If you buy the Kiss version, you get korean lyrics while for the Hug, its in mandarin.Handwritten, authentic, awesome. Yes I sound like some sort of crazy fan girl now but seriously, get it. You'll thank yourself later for getting it because the snippets I gave you guys are like 3% of what's in the album itself?! SO, you get my drift!

I love a few of their songs in the album, but I also have some neutral feels to a few others but overall, there wasn't a song that I disliked. So it's good. My favourites were Baby and Baby don't Cry. I prefer ballads most of the time compared to more upbeat ones, but Peter Pan is a medium tempo one that I favoured. Wolf was decent while the rest for me were just neutral. So yes, I still strongly stand my ground on getting this album! 

In a nutshell, I love this album and is still planning to get Growl, which was set to release tomorrow. I really want it but hmm I'll get it soon. Wait for me Growl! 

P.S.: I just order Hug version for Growl. AGHHH WHYYYY.

No comments:

Post a Comment